NIICA News is the quarterly newsletter available only to NIICA members. To get your copy, join now.
Insurance Industry News
- Comment on Employees Turn Away From High-Deductible Health Plans: Report by Judy AP February 14, 2018People will just get very sick. As 2 diabetics that need medicine. My husband's company gave us a $5G deductible. No coverage for Dr. or Prescription drug. Medicine cost are averaging over $1G a mo and no testing supplies are covered. We see $700 a mo. leave the paycheck for virtually no coverage.
- Comment on A More Balanced Approach to Comparing Policy Illustrations by John Grilli February 12, 2018In reply to Byron Udell. Mr. Udell I read your response and once again I don't understand what your trying to say. We all know the basic issues using illustrations and yes some are led to water and drink. If insurance companies can't be trusted according to you "What is your recommendation?" as to what company and product if any? ' […]
- Comment on A More Balanced Approach to Comparing Policy Illustrations by Byron Udell February 12, 2018In reply to John Grilli. Some agents "know". Many unfortunately do not. I've heard and seen so many presentations by agents, and carrier representatives touting one or more of the wonderful features of their products... features that they claim make their products better... the proof being in the illustration, which is full of non-guaranteed e […]
- Comment on IRS Overpaid ACA Tax Credits By Nearly $3.5B In 2017 by Joe Gordon February 11, 2018what's $3.5 billion amongst taxpaying friends?
- Comment on A More Balanced Approach to Comparing Policy Illustrations by John Grilli February 10, 2018In reply to Byron Udell. You haven’t said anything an agent doesn’t know. How do you choose? Flip a coin? If I read between the lines your professing guarantees on an illustration? Therefore you must be advocating whole life insurance? Or what. Say something with substance.
- Comment on Rep. Waters Issues Statement on Mortgage Choice Act by Rich Rosario February 9, 2018ddd
- Comment on A More Balanced Approach to Comparing Policy Illustrations by Byron Udell February 9, 2018"Illustrations" have been, and will continue to be, a lousy way of "comparing" life insurance policies. Why? Because insurance companies are notoriously unreliable in predicting the future of crediting rates and, more importantly, they not accountable for the non-guaranteed components of those illustrations. This includes expense charges […]
- Comment on Rep. Jackson Lee: Trump Administration at 1: Failing Our Nation in Disaster Recovery by Ricky Grimes February 9, 2018LOL, what a nutter. This administration has had the best response to natural disasters in my lifetime. Any issues in Puerto Rico was directly due to their local officials obstructing aid for political agendas.