2020 Spring Agent Symposium & Vendor Showcase
February 20-21, 2020
3555 South Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
NIICA wants to thank our Sponsors, Vendors, Speakers and Workshop Leaders for their contributions to making the
Roadmap to Independence
Agent Symposium and Vendor Showcase
Class Action Complaint for
Declaratory and Injunctive Relief
Filed 5/2/19 In the United States District Court
For the Eastern District of New York
DeVivo Associates, Inc. and Dennis J DeVivo, Plaintiffs,
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, Defendant
Cole Hixon Insurance, Inc., Plaintiff,
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Robert B Harris, Defendants
NIICA’s Objectives Are:
- To create a professional organization from which rules, ideas, statements, papers, journals, dissertations and studies can be presented publicly for analysis, debate and resolution; and to publish those subjects that are inherent and of interest to the business pursuits of member agents and their principal.
- To promote professionalism and ethical practice, placing service to the policyholder and public first and foremost.
- To promote and maintain effective communication between the agent and the company.
- To foster and encourage fellowship among agents and their families.
- To encourage increased competence through continuous study and professional industry courses.
- To search for ways in which career agents may enjoy unique benefits such as curtailment of agency expense, investigate sources of the most economical insurance coverages for members and recommend activities that may prove financially advantageous to the agency force.
- To research and recommend legislative programs that may provide fair treatment of insurance consumers and Nationwide independent contractors.
- To provide information for all members on national and local issues that are of importance to them.
- To provide help to an incapacitated agent for the maintenance and operation of his or her agency.
- To provide survivor administrative assistance to the family of a deceased member.
- To assist agents with legal expenses when it is determined that they were unfairly terminated or about to be terminated without just cause.
- To reject the concept of unionization in any form or fashion.